About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Our client is seeking a Senior-Level Process Engineer to join a team of bioprocess engineering and design professionals. Client is a market leader in developing projects using first-of-a-kind synthetic biotechnologies to produce fuels, proteins, and bioeconomy products. The Senior Process Engineer will support and continue to build bioprocessing practice. This person can work at one of our client offices or can be remote.
The process engineer will work primarily on cutting edge synthetic biotech and fermentation projects. The successful candidate will be placed in a key engineering role, working within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver engineering on projects. The candidate needs to have experience engaging with clients especially during early project development stages.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Prepares basis of design and reviews process design deliverables.
- Prepares process flow diagrams and mass and energy balances.
- Develops batch schedule and identifies peak utility requirements.
- Analyzes equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine appropriate designs.
- Prepares P&ID's working with multi-disciplined team.
- Reviews and checks the work of other process engineers to determine accuracy and completeness.
- Coordination of design inputs and design activities with other engineering disciplines in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to perform process engineering activities as well as lead a small team of Process Engineers and Designers, and work as the Process Lead on medium to large projects.
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Able to interface directly with project managers relative to the overall execution of the project.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Chemical Engineering from an Accredited Program.
- Preference for Twelve (12) years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in bioprocessing in the fields of fermentation and downstream processing. Food & beverages as well as biopharmaceutical experience also considered.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software. In addition, experience in the following process software packages is advantageous:
- Aspen Plus
- Aspen HYSYS
- Aspen Capital Cost Estimator
Certificates and Licenses: PE strongly preferred. Candidate is expected to attain PE at earliest opportunity.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job involves supervisory and client coordination expectation along with process engineering detailed performance efforts.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Client facilities require site visits to gather project information, which may require climbing ladders and stairs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here