T & D
Perform transmission and/or substation electrical utility system, analysis, design, inspection, and other related assignments requiring knowledge of engineering principles, electrical transmission engineering/construction, and the exercise of sound professional judgment.
1) Supports the technical and economic evaluation of transmission/substation design studies.
2) Prepares and produces drawings, sketches and details for use by technical staff, drafting personnel, clients and contractors. Reviews and checks detailed drawings and layouts.
3) Prepares engineering details and drawings and supports revision as required by supervisor.
4) Assists in the preparation of economic and operating feasibility studies and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, materials, or engineering methods.
5) Prepares input data for computerized solutions to engineering problems. Utilizes computer for input and output of data and execution of stored programs.
6) Prepares contract documents and specifications, conducts evaluation of bid proposals, and preparation of purchase requisitions.
7) Performs analysis, design and development of standard details, drawings, specifications and transmission/substation facilities, structures and foundations.
8) Supports detailed technical analysis, planning studies and operational studies.
9) Assists in the preparation of progress reports, compliance documentation and record-keeping of transmission and substation technical documents and drawings.
10) Performs other duties as assigned or required.
A Bachelor's Degree in civil/structural engineering or equivalent mechanical/electrical training is required. Registration as an Engineering Intern (EI) is required.
Minimum of two (2) years of engineering experience in the electric utility industry or related practice is preferred. Working knowledge of basic structural and electrical engineering principles, methods and applications is beneficial.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Must have a good working knowledge of basic engineering principles attained through education. Must be computer literate and competent with PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, MicroSoft Office Suite & AutoCadd. Must be capable of reading and interpreting technical documents, drawings, and prints. Must be able to follow technical direction from senior staff and technical personnel, as may be required. Must be capable of effectively coordinating multiple activities associated with the analysis, design, construction, and environmental assessment of transmission facilities simultaneously. Must possess the ability to understand computerized solutions to engineering problems. Must have outstanding oral and written communications skills. Must be able to lift and carry over 25 lbs.
Working Conditions/ General office working conditions:
May be temporarily assigned to construction site locations. On-site inspection duties involving occasional overnight travel. Occasional travel to locations for meetings with clients, vendors, and equipment suppliers may be required. Work outside regular schedule may be required. Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.