About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
About the Company
BHI has a 40+ year legacy of partnering with customers to service power assets. Through acquisition and organic growth, BHI has moved with the power markets, supporting nuclear, fossil, hydro, and wind generation. BHI Energy is committed to the development of employees with the highest safety training, qualifications and skill sets to meet our customers' needs. We have invested millions of dollars on new training infrastructure and programs. This investment includes a training facility located at our Piedmont, South Carolina office, with classrooms, full scale mockups and dynamic learning facilities.
BHI Energy is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, well-organized individual to drive and own the safety and quality rigor within our Renewables group. The Safety and Quality leader must have hands-on, field experience in the Wind or Hydro industry, and is responsible for the safety of our team, culture, communication, and reporting. This will include program development and implementation, training and certification, and procedure development and approval.
Other functions and responsibilities that can be expected from this position shall include but are not limited to:
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert for BHI Energy with clients regarding safety, professionalism, preparedness, and quality
- Communicate with Site Supervisors and craft frequently to understand challenges and support requirements to ensure project safety and success, owning all aspects of safety and quality
- Conduct periodic site visits to meet with BHI Energy personnel and site management, including performing safety and quality audits
- Provide dedicated field support including training, work instructions, dispositions, customer support, equipment, and tooling to achieve high levels of safety and quality
- Conduct periodic reviews of procedures, protocols, and processes to identify improvement opportunities within the operation that will benefit BHI Energy and our clients
- Provide strong leadership engagement with client and proactive posture regarding BHI performance
- Support the BHI portfolio of projects throughout all phases (tendering, planning, execution, and closeout) and participate in management of projects and opportunities including technical specifications, proposals, and controlling safety, quality, cost, and schedule
- Review and understand all contracts established with clients. Ensure that site specific operations are in accordance with the contract and identified work scope
- Establish a strong relationship with customer contacts through demonstrating trust, integrity, and honesty in dealing with each client engagement
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and error free performance with all team members
- Install and foster a safety conscious work environment where all employees understand reporting options and opportunities for safety and work-related concerns
- Engineering Degree or Background preferred
- Must be able to periodically travel to job sites throughout North America for days or weeks at a time (25+% of the time)
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Capable to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Can effectively communicate (both verbally and in written form) with all levels of management, supervision, and craft
- Capable of being the process owner utilizing continuous improvement and implementing best practices
- Capable of effectively managing own time and time of others
- Can identify talent in projects organization and develops that talent by making deliberate changes in assignments
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a field resource within Wind, Hydro or other associated disciplines ORMinimum of 5 years of related experience in mechanical, hydraulics, renewable energy or similar role
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- Must be willing to work and climb heights if needed
- Valid driver's license, good MVR record and satisfactory background and drug screening; (must be eligible to drive a rental vehicle)
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be willing to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
- Capable of troubleshooting complex mechanical and hydraulic failures on a variety of wind turbines or hydro components
- Capable of documenting and reporting of procedures and progress
- Capable of communicating with clients, engineers, and management on project status
- Must have strong computer skills including internet, email and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Project Management tools
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here