About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The Power Block Operator (PBO) assists in the safe and efficient operation of the power plant and the supporting equipment and systems. The PBO carries out all routine water/gas chemistry analysis, inspects and monitors operating components and reports plant status.
- Assist in start-up, shut-down and normal operations of power plant systems.
- Operate major auxiliary apparatus such as: air compressors; circulating water systems; boiler feedwater treatment system; waste water systems; generator cooling system; boiler feedwater and condensate system; and locally controlled electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Perform operating tests and inspections, and make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment assigned to achieve proper operating conditions.
- Take direction from the Control Room Operator at isolated panels for clearing equipment or making it ready for service in accordance with operating instructions and procedures; clear, tag, test and safety tape these operations.
The PBO reports to the Operations Manager. Receives work direction from the CRO.
Education and Experience
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment as would be acquired in four years of high school.
- Minimum of two years experience in Power Plant Operations desirable. Experience in water chemistry control, analysis of water conditions, water treatment facility operations and chemical handling requirements is required.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of combustion/steam turbine operations, closed system steam generation, industrial safety, hazardous waste management and inspection/recording of plant parameters is highly desirable.
- Experience with piping and instrument schematics and process controls desirable. Extensive working knowledge of power plant industry desirable. Must successfully complete a plant operator's knowledge examination.
- The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here