About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
- Associates degree in (preferably) Business Administration , Computer Science or Mathematics. and three (3) years of experience in computer hardware maintenance and work experience with current software tools such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. (Required) OR
- Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or Mathematics. Without degree, five (5) years of experience in computer hardware maintenance and work experience with current software tools such as Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Microsoft Active Directory, Adobe Professional, etc. (Required)
- Other : Professional certifications such as MSCE, CompTIA A+, or CNE may be substituted for two years of experience towards the Education requirements. (Preferred)
- 2 Years + experience in computer hardware maintenance and hands-on customer support work experience with current software tools such as: Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, Microsoft Active Directory, Adobe Professional, etc. (Preferred)
Performs the analysis of customer issues associated with PC/LAN hardware, software, network, email, applications, tele-communications, and internet.
- Understands and applies detailed technical standards, procedures and methodologies to problem solving.
- Resolves customer requests by analyzing problems and identifying appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrates competence at failure analysis of computer hardware / software issues.
- Assists in the installation and/repair of microcomputer hardware and software as necessary.
- Performs Local Area Network (LAN) fileserver administration duties as assigned.
- Installs/repairs microcomputer hardware and software as necessary.
- Assists in determining the source of LAN hardware and software problems.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
- Ability to resolve problems; must be capable of thorough research; ability to identify and document pertinent facts, develop alternatives and solutions.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding or organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to answer employee questions and communicate effectively verbally, by phone, in person and in writing.
- Ability to physically transport microcomputers and perform workstation setups.
- Occasionally - From 11% to 33% of the shift spent in this activity :(Lifting > 20 lbs (up to a maximum of 50 lbs))
- Frequently - From 34% to 66% of the shift spent in this activity :(Standing, Walking, Sitting, Coordination (Eye, Hand, Foot))
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
Recent and Relevant Help Desk Experience
Great Customer Service Skills, Strong analytical, troubleshooting and typing skills
2 Years IT Help Desk Experience
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here