About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Responsible for coordinating scope of work team activities and supporting the Project Managers (PMs). With some supervision, perform functions of as scheduler and/or commodity tracker for major projects. Develop, maintain & analyze less complex scope of work schedules using the assigned system. Develop and analyze scope of work schedules using assigned systems. Provide integrated cost loaded, resource loaded, and logic driven schedules, as applicable. Perform schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, developing, and implementing scope of work schedule/status reports, and providing consistent, accurate information to the scope of work execution team.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Define activities, duration, work sequences, and relationship logic to develop the scope of work plan and develop milestones to represent key decisions and deliverables that take place during execution. Ensure all scope and deliverables are accounted for.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze scope of work project schedules using the assigned system (Primavera, SmartSheet, etc.).
- Organize and lead schedule review meetings with all stakeholders and incorporate appropriate details. Ensure clear minutes and action items, as required.
- Engage team and stakeholders to create schedules and provide schedule analysis updates to team, alerting them to schedule risks and issues that could delay milestones. Communicate schedule status to project stakeholders.
- Understand the CLIENT project management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the CLIENTProject Management Governance Committee.
- Work with Administrator to assign security, profiles, and roles for new users.
- Learn, use, and refine sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project/outage teams on a routine basis.
- Provide periodic summary level status reports as requested. Prepare and analyze metrics reports or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Basic Qualifications: With a qualified bachelor's degree, one (1) year of qualified experience; with a qualified associate degree, three (3) years' qualified experience.
Qualified degrees must be in a related field from an accredited university or college and could include Accounting, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Technology, or Project Management. Scheduling experience in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering preferred.
Qualified experience includes utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures. Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles, and/or construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently; show capacity for organizational and planning skills; as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to achieve goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to develop complex spreadsheets.
- Some travel, including overnight, may be required. On rare occasions, temporary relocation might be required to complete work.
- Must be a self-motivated individual and able to work under general supervision, be independent, and competently perform current scheduling techniques and analyses on all aspects.
- Safely and effectively perform light physical duties at various work sites including home and CLIENT locations in varying conditions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple scopes of work projects of variable complexity.
- Understand and support the policies, values, principles, structure, and behavior of Client.
- For nuclear positions, work performed at nuclear power sites may involve work in hazardous areas and possible radiation exposure within the limits prescribed by the NRC.
- As applicable based on role and site, duties can involve construction site walkdown on unstable surfaces, climbing ladders, and awareness of hazardous site conditions, as applicable.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here