About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Perform daily work activities with general supervision. Work activities to be performed include: computer aided drafting to prepare maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings. The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed, as per CLIENT requirements for the position.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Create, revise, and maintain engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
- Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents; including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
- Assist in training CLIENT employees in basic skills of the position.
- Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the CLIENT corporate policies.
- Support the CLIENT Corporate Compliance policies.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Requirements: Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering technology, with one to two years of relevant equivalent experience. Work Experience: Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 6 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
Additional Requirements: Physical demand level is Sedentary. Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and can distinguish colors. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law. 3D or Inventor capabilities preferred.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here