About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a BESS Project Management Consultant for our clients Engineer & Construction Business Unit. This position is responsible for daily project coordination of internal and external resources to support Development, Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain, Scheduling, and Construction activities from pre-construction (Early Stage) up to the point of Construction for Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects within the Engineering and Construction Business Unit (E&C).
This position is not focused on a single project, but rather the management of multiple projects all at varying stages
- Critical coordination of highly matrixed project development teams to ensure resources are focused on the right activity at the right time to meet project schedule.
- Coordinating with environmental, regulatory, cultural, land acquisition, interconnection, etc., to ensure all project variables are identified and incorporated.
- Development of the project's technical scope.
- Optimization of project variables to improve both technical and financial feasibility.
- Support origination and development teams with PPA and GIA negotiations.
- Support development teams with jurisdictional needs.
- Coordinate engineering, estimating and procurement requirements.
- Support the E&C engineering team with technical attributes for the development of designs.
- Support the E&C cost estimating team for development of financial model.
- Actively seek out and leverage market data to ensure financial model is healthy.
- Present financial model to respective business unit(s) and actively manage financial model thru executive budget approvals.
- Competitively source, negotiate and execute commercial contracts for critical services including geotechnical, survey, engineering and EPC/PC construction services.
- Uphold and represent E&C's interests on assigned projects.
- Regular presentations/briefing on current progress, issues and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
- Ensure projects moving to the Construction stage can be turned over to the Construction Project Manager with an inclusive and executable construction plan.
- Excellent project management, communication, financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Finance/Accounting with experience in related engineering and construction of renewable energy projects preferred.
- Experience with electricity markets, renewables, and/or battery projects is a plus.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here