About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI Energy is seeking a Transmission Line Principal Engineer for a 1+ year contract assignment. Responsible for the management of design for assigned transmission generation tie lines for Wind, Solar, and Battery Energy Storage, and for stand-alone transmission line projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Principal Engineer works in the Engineering & Construction (E&C) Group and is responsible for transmission line projects from conception (Early Stage) through construction and commissioning (Execution).
- In the conceptual phase, the Principal Engineer works with the Early Stage Project Manager to define and influence the project requirements and scope with the Development Group. Projects can begin as FERC 1000 competitive transmission project proposals, or as greenfield projects for company affiliates.
- The Principal Engineer must secure engineering consulting resources from a list of approved suppliers by developing a scope of work, securing bids and awarding work through Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Group.
- The Principal Engineer must coordinate with other project stakeholders to develop and secure a route, and secure the data and permits needed to design and build the line, including geotechnical data and lidar data. Activities include competitively sourcing, selecting and contracting geotechnical, survey, engineering, and construction services, and supporting the cost estimating team with scope assumptions.
- The Principal Engineer is responsible for coordinating the engineering deliverables in support of competitive proposals, as well as design and construction of projects. Deliverables include Issued for Bid, Issued for Procurement, Issued for Construction, and As-built drawings, design criteria, and contributions to proposal documents.
- The position requires coordination with other groups to ensure the projects are successful. Generally responsible for representing E&C's internal and external interests on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
Qualifications / Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in the development, design, engineering, and construction of High Voltage Transmission line projects.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong knowledge of transmission design, excellent communication and project management skills, a bias for action, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to provide value engineering and ensure design quality.
- The position requires technical competence such as the ability to understand one line and three-line diagrams, general arrangements, plan and profiles and other common deliverables.
- Travel required within North America
- Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience with a strong bias for action. PMP and/or P.E. in related discipline is a plus.
- Proficiency with standard industry tools such as PLSCADD, Auto-CAD, Primavera and other software is strongly desired.
Technical Excellence, Strong Work Ethic, Leadership, strong oral and written communication, Decision Making, Compliance, Influential, Mentor, Business Acumen, Integrity, Adaptability, Focus on Customers, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, Project Management, Managing and Improving Processes.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here