About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
SUMMARY: The Machinist is responsible for manufacturing parts to customer specifications. Requirements include strong math skills, blueprint reading, along with experience of setting up manual mills, lathes, and grinders. Our facility is a clean and air-conditioned work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Personally exhibits, recruits and coaches associate consistent with Core Behaviors
- Responsible for promoting culture of safety.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Set up Mills & Lathes unassisted.
- Prep and set up jobs to be run for each application.
- Machine parts while maintaining close tolerances.
- Clean/inspect machinery and parts.
- Keep work area clean.
- Inspect jobs after final operation.
- Maintain equipment with coolant/oil.
- Respond to commonly occurring problems/situations for which standards, procedures or precedents exist.
- Perform hands-on tasks, Assembly of machined parts.
- Ability to make apart from raw material and machine complete.
- Knowledge of material and heat-treating process
- Working knowledge of Machine shop equipment and ability to set up the machinery unassisted.
- Knowledge of cutting tools used for machining.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge and ability to use micrometers, Digital Calipers, Vernier, radius gages etc.
- Must have your own tools.
- Competent with applying math skills/algebra/geometry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Up to 2 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CNC certificate preferred.
- 401K Plan and Company Match Medical
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here