About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
The successful candidate will assist in the ongoing implementation of regulatory compliance and incident prevention activities relating to the health and safety of D&D Power employees in the Northeast Region. The Safety Representative will work closely with the Manager - Environment Health and Safety, Project Manager, General Foreman, and craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practice and conditions.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assistance with new hire safety orientation.
- Coordination of on-site safety meetings.
- Preparing health and safety plans.
- Leading incident investigation efforts.
- Conducting and documenting onsite safety inspections.
- Promoting proactive and preventive safety activities by observing work practices.
- Providing safety technical support.
- Record-keeping and reporting.
- Analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors, and correcting unsafe conditions.
- Degree in safety or related science/engineering degree or a minimum of 3 years' experience in related professional industry or construction safety experience. Previous Utility experience desirable..
- Have a solid understanding of 29 CFR OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Able to travel regularly with overnights as needed. Flexibility to work additional hours/weekends as required.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Company supplied Vehicle for Business Use
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here