About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
Our client is hiring a Environmental Project Engineer in their Bloomington, MN location. Project Engineer roles may include scoping and managing on-site investigation work at contaminated soil, groundwater, sediment, and soil vapor project sites; construction/remediation project planning and documentation; remediation design; and technical document preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope and manage Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) consistent with AIA and ASTM Standards
- Scope and manage Phase II ESAs and Remedial Investigations at sites with impacted soil, sediment, groundwater, and soil vapor
- Perform detailed cost estimates for environmental investigation and remediation projects
- Prepare engineering plans and specifications to facilitate remediation contractor bidding and selection
- Perform soil and groundwater remediation system design and manage operation and maintenance
- Prepare feasibility studies to compare and select soil and groundwater remedies
- Coordinate and direct field personnel and contractor personnel
- Prepare scopes of work, work breakdown structures, and cost proposals
- Travel to local, regional, and national project sites
- Assist senior staff with various environmental regulatory matters for clients
- Manage projects involving direct client communications
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in civil, chemical, environmental, or geological engineering, or related engineering degree.
- PE registration or ability to be registered within 6-months
- Ability to read and independently analyze and interpret technical reports, technical guidance documents, and governmental regulations pertaining to environmental contamination
- Strong technical writings skills including written reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public .
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to successfully complete projects in remote locations
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here