About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
ICC Inspector - Construction
Searching for ICC Inspectors to join our Building & Construction team in our Pensacola, Florida office for Special Projects in the Florida Panhandle. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
This position is for special projects located in the Florida Panhandle, specifically the Fort Walton Beach and Panama City areas.
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.
Benefits & Perks:
- Ability to grow with the Company (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement)
- Day to day variety of work
- Ability to work on both small and large projects
- Increased pay for certifications
- Technical training provided to grow career in Building & Construction industry
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurances
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
What you'll do:
- Performs a variety of testing, project specific observations and site assessment duties under general supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures
- Operates testing equipment and conducts testing, (example: Soil, concrete or other) and provides assessment of data through reporting
- Works utilizing drawings, specifications, and diagrams
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform tasks
- Reads and Interprets Plans and Specifications
- Maintains and calibrates standard equipment
- Perform complex assignments
- Attend project meetings with supervision
- Trains other Technicians
- Make detailed observations and gives limited interpretation of results
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results
- Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test results
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- H.S. Education or Equivalent, preferred
- 3 or more years of experience performing special inspections and/or construction materials testing required
- One or more of the following certifications required:
- NICET Construction Materials Testing Soils Level II
- Professional Engineer or Geologist (PE or PG) Registration
- ICC Soils Inspector
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level I
- Additional ACI / ICC certifications highly preferred:
- ICC Reinforced Concrete Masonry Inspector
- ICC Reinforcing Steel inspector
- ACI Concrete Construction Special Inspector
- PTI Certified Post-Tension Inspector Level 1 & 2
- External (or task related) certifications may be required based on region and state
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Must be able to read and understand work plans
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Valid Driver's License and reliable driving record (required)
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here