About BHI Energy
BHI Energy is a broad umbrella organization with a complete service offering that covers all facets of Power Generation through the entire Electrical Delivery system. For over 40 years, our diverse services have been focused on multiple end markets, united by our level of service and quality, our unique partnership approach to our customer relationships, and our internal culture of how we interact with and support each other. To learn more about us, go to www.bhienergy.com.
BHI Energy provides competitive compensation & benefits, career advancement opportunities and a great work culture!
BHI is seeking an Electrical Designer Consultant responsible for specific electrical engineering tasks or technical issues associated with the Power Uprate Project, as assigned by the lead engineer or engineering manager, primarily to complete designs and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies best practices in engineering theory and principles when planning, designing and overseeing construction of structures, facilities or systems. under the direction of an engineering staff.
- Calculates dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Reads and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Drafts detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Confers with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Analyzes proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Prepares reports and document project activities and data.
- Produces drawings, using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines, or by hand, using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles, and other drafting devices.
- Drafts plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects, working from sketches or notes.
- Inspects project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
- Conducts materials test and analysis using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Assembles documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Confers with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians, and drafters.
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction, using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Must have prior nuclear electrical design experience and / or qualifications.
- Power Uprate experience is a plus.
- An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or an equivalent combination of education and three to five years of demonstrated nuclear construction related experience.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Apply now! BHI Energy’s Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Already have an account? Log in here