Buchanan, NY Posted: 12/14/2018
BHI Energy is an industry leader and is seeking experienced breaker technicians to support an Electrical project in New York for a 6 month project.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Appropriate trade or related qualification in maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment or a related discipline
- Two years experience in industrial electricity , within a mining, construction, or industrial plant environment
- Experience working on 480 / 4160 / 6.9 / 13.8 breakers, switchgear and elevator mechs. This will be a mix of GE, ABB and Siemens gear.
Westinghouse DS breakers (416 and 532 types) (and associated switchgear)
Westinghouse 75DH500 breakers (and associated switchgear)
Siemens RL type breakers (and associated switchgear)
Westinghouse type W MCC buckets
GE Power Vac Breakers (and associated switchgear)
GE Magne blast breakers (and associated switchgear)
ITE KC type breakers (and associated switchgear)
Powell Vac breakers (and associated switchgear)
Static Trip device
Must have experience in electricial within the nuclear industry.
Must have worked nuclear in the past 365 days.
A high school diploma or GED is required, supplemented by specialized training in power plant electrical operation and maintenance.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.
Already have an account? Log in here