Wanted: Sales Manager – Dairy Nutrition Major feed company with 100+ feed consultants seeks Sales Manager to lead a team of 6-10 direct-to-farm consultants, helping them prospect new customers and troubleshooting problems on dairy farms. The company has a holistic approach to supporting dairy producers and provides a variety of products ranging from seeds to feed to forage preservatives. Two sales managers needed. One in West Central PA and one in Southeast PA.
Whether you have years of experience leading a team of dairy nutritionists or are ready to step up into that role, we would like to talk with you. This role has an office based in your home. We are considering candidates who live anywhere in the region.
This role has three components
- Ride with existing dairy nutrition consultants, helping them solve problems on farms, building their clientele and improving their nutritional and sales skills.
- Recruit and develop new consultants as you grow your team in the region.
- Spend 50-65% of your time developing/managing a clientele of your own.
About half of your time each month is spent developing or maintaining your accounts, the other half is helping others begin or improve in their careers as dairy nutritionists. As you build your team, you spend more time as their manager and less time as a working nutritionist.
Compensation – Salary plus incentives, benefits and company car.
Reasons the right person will love this job
- Company provides a solid training program for new hires
- Company is stable, profitable and growing
- You will impact a large number of farms
- Salary + incentives + benefits + company car + tools
- Advancement opportunity in future
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Technical support is available
To be considered for this role you must
- Have experience selling nutritional products to dairy producers
- Be proficient balancing dairy rations using computer programs
- Be able to show how you have trained/coached other sales reps
- Have the ability/willingness to overnight travel 6 nights per month
- Be a problem-solving consultant to dairy producers
- Possess a BS degree in Animal Science, Dairy Science or be ARPAS certified