Wanted: Operations Manager with expertise in scheduling, capital projects, mentorship, SOPs, safety, quality and logistics to oversee manufacturing, storage and distribution of 7 locations in 3 states.
Reasons the right person will love this job
- You will take good operations and make them great
- The company is the leader in their market
- You will be a member of the senior management team
- Crucial role in the company, highly visible position
- Company is innovating new products
- Company profitable and very financially stable
- Reasonable overnight travel - 25%
- Competitive Salary and benefits including retirement, health insurance & vacation
- Company committed to quality and safety
- Major Cap Ex project about to start
Oversee multiple locations that are either production or storage/distribution centers for a mid-size, established agricultural company with plans to double tonnage within 5 years. This role spends considerable time in the facilities ensuring quality and safety.
- Review and improve SOPs and reference guidelines to make work more efficient
- Work with plant managers to recruit and upgrade labor force
- Manage a $1M Cap Ex project
- Improve scheduling
- Establish leadership rapport with the team to solidify them into the desired corporate culture and improve performance
- Hold people accountable
- Help the management team implement the succession plan
- Expand facilities as sales grow
- Develop the skills of location managers
- Teach the location managers to be experts in scheduling and supervision
- Take on more responsibility as the organization grows
- People are empowered, challenged, and expected to provide solutions.
- Discussions are open, people appreciated, roles defined and people are accountable
- Transparent, information gathering, entrepreneurial and growth-minded
To be considered for this role you must
- Be proactive and highly organized
- Be highly proficient in scheduling
- Have supervisory experience in manufacturing
- Solid experience writing/re-writing SOPs.
- Have lead a large Cap Ex project
- Be accustomed to managing a budget
- Be able to travel 2-3 weeks per quarter
- Have mechanical/maintenance aptitude and experience
- Come from FSMA or SF/SF environment
- Have a strong attention to detail and follow up
- Have been the #1 manager at a manufacturing plant or distribution center
- BS degree in agribusiness, business management or related field desired
Candidates with experience working in agriculture will rise to the top of the list.