Leading manufacturer of both human and animal nutrition and health products for over 60 years, has an excellent opportunity available for a Quality Manager in our Norfolk, NE facility. Company is comprised of three business units that share a singular focus: to create specialty proteins designed to optimize health and nutrition.
REASONS THIS IS A GREAT JOB FOR THE RIGHT PERSON
- You can expand your skill set in this role.
- You will work with regulatory audits, budgeting, product testing, product formulation
- You will be a leader in the facility working with the Plant Manager to direct the team.
- The lab has state of the art equipment
- The company is financially stable and growing
- You produce products that are part of the human food chain as well as pet products
- The boss is looking for fresh ideas, you will be heard
- Day shift opportunity
- Excellent benefits package
Summary: The Quality Manager has the responsibility for overall product safety, quality and regulatory compliance for the manufacturing plant.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage QA department to ensure the safety and quality of raw material and packaged products at the plant level.
- Recruit, direct, coach, lead and supervise all QA personnel constantly raising the standard of performance.
- Drive culture change by leading as example with positive attitude and innovative thinking to contribute to the business strategy.
- Assist in driving quality standards on the production floor.
- Process test the ingredients and ensure that the specifications are met and adhered to by production personnel.
- Monitor raw materials to ensure that specifications are met.
- Assist operations with establishing procedures and supervising all product and process development and test runs, reporting all results.
- Manage inventory of off-spec materials, including the scheduling and reworking of products as needed.
- Maintain FDA compliance, SQF, HACCP and GMP programs.
- Conduct internal, vendor and contract manufacturing audits as required.
- Maintain Kosher and Halal certification program and manage ingredient verification process.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state, federal and international safety and regulatory policies and practices as appropriate.
- Remain current on matters relating to production methods, formulations, analytical techniques and federal regulations as they relate to the Company’s products. Make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Coordinate pest control services.
- Take personal responsibility to engage in plant and food safety practices to prevent hazards that cause foodborne illness or injury and provide a clean, safe work environment and quality products with applicable regulatory laws and SQF code.