Major animal nutrition brand seeks sales consultant to join the sales team in southern New England. This individual will market feed products to feed stores, stables, and hobby farms. Products include bagged feeds for equine and backyard animals.
Location: Corner of CT/MA/NY and a few hundred miles in any direction
Overnight Travel: 2-3 nights per week.
To be considered for this role candidates must have
- Experience as a horse owner or a backyard farmer
- SALES EXPERIENCE, preferably outside B2B sales experience
- An applicable college education
- Ability to overnight travel 2-3 nights per week
- Interpersonal skills that make them a team-player
- Experience being self-directed
Reasons why the right person will love this job
- Selling a respected brand.
- Feel like you are part of a family
- Work as part of team, with pooled commissions
- A boss who is tenured and is a talented leader
- You're part of the horse community
- Salary + commissions + car plan + benefits + retirement
- Identify and meet with stable owners and hobby farmers to sell product
- Identify, develop, and sell new dealers in a tri-state area
- Maintain relationships with existing dealers by managing logistics, helping with promotional programs, & training retail staff
- Provide stand-up presentations and one-on-one consultation with horse owners and backyard enthusiasts