Regional animal nutrition company seeks business development rep in New York/Vermont to introduce their services and products to dairy producers. In this role you will visit with dairy producers and learn their challenges, and bring the technical professionals from the feed company to help the producer reach their goals.
While most feed companies look for sales reps who know how to balance rations and feed cows, this client is looking for someone who is comfortable walking onto a dairy or beef operation, knows how to communicate with producers and has the sales drive and skills to set appointments for the nutritionists.
Reasons the right person will love this job
- Salaried job with commissions
- Benefits and expenses
- Reasonable overnight travel - up to 25%
- You will be part of the dairy community
- You will represent a great team who help producers become more profitable
- Established company with excellent reputation
To be considered for this role
- Have outside sales experience
- Have experience selling in agriculture
- Know how to walk a farm
- Be self-directed and results-oriented
- Have a valid driver's license and a friendly smile
- BS degree in animal or dairy science preferred