Substation Designer (Physical) needed for a direct opportunity with ExecuPOWER. (Remote)
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- The Substation Designer's natural curiosity and desire to learn is essential. ExecuPOWER works in a fast-paced environment where the Substation Designer will have the opportunity to realize his/her potential
- Attention to detail is critical. We take great pride in exceeding client expectations and the Substation Designer's leadership on projects will be crucial both during iterative design and when performing quality assurance checks of the final deliverables
- Client satisfaction is essential to our shared success. Understanding our clients' needs at the deepest level ensures we deliver on our promise of quality.
What You'll Be Doing:
- ExecuPOWER is a women owned firmed that provides Engineering Design for Transmission, Substation and Distribution as well as Project Management, Construction Management, QA/QC Inspection and Renewable Energy.
- Some domestic travel to client locations may be required
- Collaborate closely with the Project Engineers and Management to ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and always strive to exceed client expectations.
- As a primary technical contributor, the Substation Designer will need to continuously review and understand industry and client standards, trends, and leading-edge technologies.
- In the Substation Designer's first six months, he/she will be fully engaged with one to two of our key clients to learn everything about their day-to-day business, their needs, and building a strong working relationship. This initial engagement will be the steppingstone to growing these clients within the company and expanding into new clients.
- Substation physical engineering (aka, outdoor electrical)
- Drawing development consisting of substation equipment plans/arrangements, bus spacing, sections, elevations, conduit, grounding, fencing, lighting, shielding, and bill of materials
- Self-performing CAD for the majority of design activities, including both vector and rasterized drawings
- Mentorship of junior designers and/or drafters aspiring to perform detailed design activities
- Conduit fill
- Illumination studies (lighting)
- Direct-stroke shielding (lightning)
- Rigid-bus calculations
- Close coordination of design requirements with the civil and other electrical disciplines
- Manage design deliverable workflow with the CAD team to ensure success of individual projects while ensuring proper prioritization
- Utilize our Construction Management team to ensure constructability as part of our day-to-day design
- Provide regular updates to the Project Engineer and Project Management team on progress and forward-looking schedules
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Two-year/Associates Degree (experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- The ability to meet the performance objectives is more important than years of experience. However, most individuals will likely need at least 5 years total experience with 1-2 years of experience performing applicable substation physical design related duties.
- Specific experience performing design in the electric utilities business is a requirement.
- Computed Aided Drafting & Design
- Engineering Technology
- Landscape Architecture
- AutoCAD and/or Bentley MicroStation (including Rasterized drawing modification) certificates are a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: primarily Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Photoshop not required but could be useful for rendering projects
What's In It for You?
- 401K Plan, paid holidays, paid PTO, full medical plans (medical, dental, vision and prescription), life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Internal advancement
- Working with a top-notch team of industry experts
- 176% employee growth over past 1.5 years
- Lunch and Learns
- Exciting new developments/projects