Substation Engineer or Sr. Substation Engineer (Physical) needed for a direct opportunity with ExecuPOWER. (Remote)
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- The Substation Engineer will need to work closely with the Project Engineer(s) and Management to ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and always strive to exceed client expectations.
- As a primary technical contributor, the Substation Engineer will need to continuously review and understand industry and client standards, trends, and leading-edge technologies.
- Attention to detail is critical. ExecuPOWER takes great pride in exceeding client expectations and the Substation Engineer's leadership on projects will be crucial both during iterative design and as he/she performs quality assurance checks of the final deliverables.
- ExecuPOWER is a growth-minded company and developing a skillset as a part of the team is important. A natural curiosity and desire to learn is essential. We work in a fast-paced environment where the Substation Engineer will have the opportunity to realize his/her potential.
- Client satisfaction is essential to our shared success. Understanding our clients' needs at the deepest level ensures we deliver on our promise of quality.
- In the Substation Engineer's first six months, he/she will be fully engaged with one to two of our key clients to learn everything about their day-to-day business, their needs, and building a strong working relationship. This initial engagement will be the steppingstone to growing these clients within the company and expanding into new clients.
What You'll Be Doing:
- ExecuPOWER is a women owned firmed that provides Engineering Design for Transmission, Substation and Distribution as well as Project Management, Construction Management, QA/QC Inspection and Renewable Energy.
- Some domestic travel to client locations may be required.
- Substation physical engineering (aka, outdoor electrical)
- Ability to coordinate efforts with other various external and internal project team members (Inter-Disciplinary and Cross-Disciplinary)
- Technical Support for Procurement and Construction
- General Arrangements
- Plan Views and Elevation Views
- Grounding Plans and Details
- Cable Trough/Conduit Plans and Details
- Specifications for Major Primary Equipment (transformers, breakers, switches, etc.)
- Documentation for Design Calculations
- Bill of Materials
- Construction Documentation (Sequence and RFP)
- Grounding Studies
- Direct-Stroke Shielding (Lightning) Studies
- Illumination (Lighting) Studies
- AC and DC calculations for Station Service and Battery System Sizing
- Bus Fault Stress Analysis
- Conduit Fill
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- The ability to meet the performance objectives is more important than years of experience. However, most individuals will likely need at least 5 years of substation experience but could have significantly more experience.
- A professional engineer certification is not required for this position but on the path to licensure is desirable.
What's In It for You?
- 401K Plan, paid holidays, paid PTO, full medical plans (medical, dental, vision and prescription), life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Internal advancement
- Working with a top-notch team of industry experts
- 176% employee growth over past 1.5 years
- Lunch and Learns
- Exciting new developments/projects