Principal Substation Engineer
King Of Prussia, PA Posted: 8/24/2023
ExecuPOWER has a newly created Principal Substation Engineer opening for our Physical Team!
About the Role:
ExecuPOWER has a newly created Principal Substation Engineer
opening to help our Physical Substation Team at our King of Prussia Headquarters
. This role will be an integral member of ExecuPOWER's growing Substation Teams
, reporting to our Director of Substation Engineering
. This position will have the opportunity to provide on-site support at least three days a week to our Entry Level Engineers, mentor our Junior Level Engineers, and work closely with our Project Management Office, Distribution, and Transmission Teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide Leadership and Guidance: This Principal Engineer will leads facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the Substation work groups, teams, department, or those external to ExecuPOWER and assumes the role of project or function manager for assigned tasks.
- Problem Solving and Leading Company Projects:
- Identify, clarify, resolve, and initiate solutions to complex problems that require multi-functional, or organizational, interfacing and/or multi-disciplined analytical techniques.
- Develop opportunities and new ideas and approaches that have system-wide impact.
- Project credibility and competence on technical issues and has highly developed presentation skills.
- Communicate with ExecuPOWER's Executive Leadership Team: Prepare and present complex technical subjects, clearly, concisely, and persuasively, bringing in ancillary issues before senior management, professional organizations, regulatory bodies.
- Be a Resource for the Substation Engineering Team: Continuously review and understand industry and client standards, trends, and leading-edge technologies.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert:
- Grounding Studies
- Direct-Stroke Shielding (Lightning) Studies
- Illumination (Lighting) Studies
- AC and DC calculations for Station Service and Battery System Sizing
- Bus Fault Stress Analysis
- Conduit Fill
- General Arrangements
- Plan Views and Elevation Views
- Grounding Plans and Details Cable Trough/Conduit Plans and Details
- Specifications for Major Primary Equipment (transformers, breakers, switches, etc.)
- Documentation for Design Calculations
- Bill of Materials
- Construction Documentation (Sequence and RFP)
What You Will Need:
- Location: Ability to work from ExecuPOWER's King of Prussia Office at least 3 days a week.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 10 years of Substation Physical Engineering experience is required for this role.
- FE License is required.
- PE License is required.
- At least 5 years of leadership, team lead, or project management experience.
- The ability to train Entry Level Engineers is also needed.
- Travel: The ability to travel within the US to client locations may be required.
- Cross-functional Skills:
- Ability to coordinate efforts with other various external and internal project team members in this role.
- Technical Support expertise needed for ExecuPOWER's Procurement and Construction Teams.
- Ability to work closely with the Project Engineers and Management to ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and always strive to exceed client expectations.
What Is Preferred:
- Utility Industry Experience is strongly preferred.
ExecuPOWER is a women owned firmed that provides Engineering Design for Transmission, Substation and Distribution as well as Project Management, Construction Management, QA/QC Inspection and Renewable Energy.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Internal advancement
- Working with a top-notch team of industry experts
- 176% employee growth over past 1.5 years
- Lunch and Learns
- Exciting new developments/projects
Already have an account? Log in here