Utility Project Manager - (Distribution)
King Of Prussia, PA Posted: 9/14/2023
Project Manager, needed for a direct opportunity with ExecuPOWER in Pennsylvania. In this role you will be responsible for project development and kickoff, moving the project through engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and close out.
What You'll Do:
- Project Document Management:
- Ensure the contracts, requisitions, Bills of Material or Material Requests for Issue, Task Authorizations, and Engineering Work Requests are accurate and complete.
- Update the Management Sponsor with Project status (scope, budget and schedule progress) and identify issues requiring management involvement for resolution.
- Project Budget Review:
- Monitor budgets for adequacy, completeness, and other requirements and assuring that required budgets exist and Project budget revisions are initiated if required. prepare capital expenditure authorizations and associated Project budget revisions.
- Monitor and report the contractor resource levels.
- Work with Portfolio Management and / or Work Management personnel to develop and update the Project schedule.
- Project Planning:
- Review and approve the Project Plans.
- Communicate Project goals, priorities, and decisions to the Client's Leadership Team.
- Ensure the tactical and strategic plan alignment of the Project.
- Validate that Project estimates are appropriately developed, and that contingency is correctly applied.
- Ensure and application integration activities are included in the Project plan and monitoring the Project to ensure the planned tasks are completed.
- Ensure the adequacy of Project Team membership and participation.
- Notify the Project Team of additional resources or requirements necessary to meet the Project scope or schedule.
- Quality Assurance: Responsible for the quality control program, including identification of quality requirements, responsibility for QA program (Energy Delivery's or Contractor's program) and if required, review and approval process for contractor provided procedures.
- Project Completion: Coordinating the close-out documentation applicable to the Project, audit completed projects to evaluate if identified objectives have been realized, or establish a timetable of benefit realization.
What You'll Need:
- Ability to travel to client locations in Pennsylvania at least twice a month is needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least 8 years of utility distribution experience needed for this role.
- Experience with project organization, engineering, finance, construction, project management, planning or project controls is also needed.
- Strong project management skills are required with a demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and control multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical ability are required.
- Successful candidate must be a team player and possess a willingness to work in a team environment.
What Will Set You Apart:
- PMP Certification completed or in process.
- Experience with a project management tool such as Primavera, MS Project, Deltek Vantagepoint, or a related Scheduling / Resource Planning expertise is highly preferred.
- Detailed Project Controls experience is also preferred.
What's In It for You?
- 401K Plan, paid holidays, paid PTO, full medical plans (medical, dental, vision and prescription), life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Internal advancement
- Growing company- 176% employee growth in past 1.5 years
- Lunch and Learns
Distribution Transmission Substation Project Management Project Manager Project Engineer
Already have an account? Log in here