Washington D.C, Posted: 11/1/2023
Construction Manager needed for a direct opportunity with ExecuPOWER in Washington DC Region.
Who we are:
- ExecuPOWER is a full-service, certified women-owned engineering consulting firm that provides design and project services to the power industry.
- Construction Manager role will focus on the oversight duties related to centrally managed construction projects within the utility industry and management of construction contractors to effectively meet scope of work, schedule, and budget all while implementing standards of practice for construction and program management and monitoring construction quality.
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Manage onsite project construction, ensuring all work is performed to standard, within budget, and on schedule, and assessing risk to minimize adverse conditions affecting projects and personnel
- Manage the task being performed by contracted construction resources to maximize productivity, safety, quality, diversity, and cost savings
- Willingness to work extended hours over weekends and holidays during storm events
- Ability to work in a physically demanding setting on active construction sites
What You'll Be Doing:
- Monitor performance and evaluate capabilities of onsite resources to determine future use for the client
- Resolve engineering design issues and field barriers to prevent delays to the schedule
- Act as a liaison between the client/utility and work groups required to execute project schedule, control project scope, and manage change orders and on-site materials management. Lead job site walk downs and meetings with engineering, construction, and project management personnel
- Monitor project safety, perform weekly safety audits, and participate in job briefings and daily tailgates. Assist in Root Cause Investigations, Apparent Cause Evaluations, and operating incident reviews as requested
- Review contractor quality assurance and verify compliance through quality audits, inspections, or surveillances
- Lead construction progress meetings and complete required ExecuPOWER and Client trainings as well as provide detailed reports back to the client
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience in a construction field environment. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirements
- Minimum 3 years managing construction projects in the power utility industry, preferably with self-perform contractors
- Completion of/or ability to obtain OSHA 10 or 30 Construction Outreach Safety Training Course
Already have an account? Log in here