About the Role:
ExecuPOWER has a remote Senior Substation Engineer - Physical opening to help our Physical Substation Team. This role will be an integral member of ExecuPOWER's growing Substation Teams, reporting to our Director of Substation Engineering. This position will have the opportunity to provide remote support to our Entry Level Engineers, mentor our Junior Level Engineers, and work closely with our Project Management Office, Distribution, and Transmission Teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide Leadership and Guidance: This Senior Substation Engineer will leads facilitate, and coordinate work activities of others within the Substation work groups, teams, department, or those external to ExecuPOWER and assume the role of project or function manager for assigned tasks.
- Problem Solving and Leading Company Projects:
- Identify, clarify, resolve, and initiate solutions to complex problems that require multi-functional, or organizational, interfacing and/or multi-disciplined analytical techniques.
- Develop opportunities and new ideas and approaches that have system-wide impact.
- Project credibility and competence on technical issues and has highly developed presentation skills.
- Communicate with ExecuPOWER's Executive Leadership Team: Prepare and present complex technical subjects, clearly, concisely, and persuasively, bringing in ancillary issues before senior management, professional organizations, regulatory bodies.
- Be a Resource for the Substation Engineering Team: Continuously review and understand industry and client standards, trends, and leading-edge technologies.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert:
- Grounding Studies
- Direct-Stroke Shielding (Lightning) Studies
- Illumination (Lighting) Studies
- AC and DC calculations for Station Service and Battery System Sizing
- Fault Stress Analysis Conduit Fill
- General Arrangements Plan Views and Elevation Views Grounding Plans and Details Cable Trough/Conduit Plans and Details
- Specifications for Major Primary Equipment (transformers, breakers, switches, etc.)
- Documentation for Design Calculations
- Bill of Materials
- Construction Documentation (Sequence and RFP)
What You Will Need:
- Location: Ability to work successfully while being remote is needed for this role.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 10 years of Substation Physical Engineering experience is required.
- FE License is a Plus.
- PE License is a Plus.
- At least 5 years of leadership, team lead, or project management experience.
- The ability to train Entry Level Engineers is also needed.
- Travel: The ability to travel to ExecuPOWER's King of Prussia Office and to client locations within the US may be required.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with other various external and internal project team members in this role.
- Technical Support expertise needed for ExecuPOWER's Procurement and Construction Teams.
- Ability to work closely with the Project Engineers and Management to ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and always strive to exceed client expectations.
About ExecuPOWER: We are powering our future through partnerships, principles, and passion. We are a full-service, certified women-owned engineering consulting firm that provides design and project services to the power industry. Our mission is to provide premium engineering design and consulting services to the power industry, offering innovative, cost-effective solutions to our clients and delivering each project on schedule or sooner, and at the utmost level of safety and quality.
ExecuPOWER's Benefits: As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Time Off: Paid Holidays, PTO, and Parental Leave
- Career Growth: We have grown over 170% since last year, and we are projected to grow by almost 50% next year!
- Tuition Assistance: Certifications and Continuing Education
- Flexibility: Our Employees have flexible work schedules.
- Retirement: We provide a 401K Plan and Match for our Employees.
- Healthcare Coverage for your family and pets:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account Company Contributions
- Daycare Flexible Savings Account
- Short-term and long-term disability, supplemental life insurance
- Pet Insurance