The Business Development Manager is a net-new enterprise sales role. You will be responsible for prospecting and signing new business with medium to large ecommerce merchants within the industry
verticals and business segments supported by our client. This role will ideally suit an ambitious, energetic and disciplined self-starter, with a high level of proficiency and a proven track record of success in new business solution selling within the global payments or financial services ecosystem. An "A" player who possesses a resolute determination to succeed and add value.
* Secure contracts with new ecommerce merchants that achieve and exceed
assigned sales quotas.
* Drive the entire sales cycle from initial engagement to closed sale.
* Identify and qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers.
* Deep consultation with prospects about business challenges and requirements,
solutions optionality and benefits.
* Develop and maintain a specific territory and/or vertically focused plan which will
outline how you will meet your sales target on an ongoing basis.
* Respond to complicated and diverse RFIs and RFPs as they arise.
* Diligently report on sales pipeline progression within Salesforce.com.
* Maintain a strong understanding of our competitive landscape and go to market
* Close collaboration and partnership with a diverse cross functional team (e.g.
product, marketing, risk, legal and finance) to support growth initiatives and deal
* Active participation in select industry conferences and events is expected.
* Provide feedback to leadership on ways to optimize the sales cycle, enhance
sales channels and improve corporate brand awareness.
* At all times you will be a positive representative of the company and its brand
and will conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism.
* Proven track record in a similar role with clear evidence of execution.
* Five years of experience selling complex B2B services or technology to Clevel
decision makers in the enterprise software (SaaS), ERP or financial
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in global payments and ecommerce.
* Existing network of business executives, decision makers and contacts.
* Strong analytical skills, applying clear methodology and sound reasoning to
your activities and decision making.
* Keen awareness of key pricing dynamics and negotiation facets.
* Tenacious and resilient with a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
* Exceptional communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
* Excellent planning, organization, prioritization and time management
* Travel to a minimum of 25% of your time, sometimes greater.
* Experience of working in a matrix environment.
* Ability to speak some Portuguese or Spanish is preferred, but not mandatory.
* You bring passion, energy and integrity to your day to day activities and
above all you are a team player.
* A self-starter who is comfortable in an entrepreneurial and fast paced setting.
* International experience is preferred.