The Director, Digital Payments Operations will lead the operations of digital money movement.
This position will serve as a transformational position overseeing the daily operations of money movement including ACH, Wire and Bill Pay and future implementations of Zelle, and other faster payment rails.
* Lead and develop the digital payments team responsible for the end-to-end operations and technology management for all digital money movement operations including ACH, Wires and Bill Pay.
* Continuously look for ways to improve processes, both in terms of procedures and use of technology and systems to ensure continuous efficiency, members service improvements and reduction of errors
* Directly manage third party relationships with money movement technology providers including issue escalation and resolution, evaluations of product improvements and enhancements, contract renewals and contract negotiations.
* As an expert in digital money movement including bill payment, ACH, Wires, P2P and RTP, provide team with technical guidance, establish priorities, provide oversight for complex problems, and ensure department goals and standards are met daily.
* Assess department operational needs; develop and recommend system enhancements that drive innovation and superior Member experience.
* Effectively communicate regular business performance, vendor status and strategic initiative updates to executives and C level management.
* Develop, recommend, and implement goals, standards, policies, and procedures for the team.
* Consistently analyze measure and track department performance. Recognize and manage risk within the functional area.
* Remain current on all changes to regulations and systems, ensuring the timely implementation of all revisions.
* Develop a comprehensive view of payments risk including Fraud and Operations risks across channels to assess the impact across business lines and help prioritize future initiatives
* Act as the senior liaison with outside companies for the most complex problems and inquiries.
* Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met without exception. Oversee and directly engage all regulatory and compliance requirements, exams, policy, and procedures
* Lead all applicable strategic digital money movement initiatives as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert.
* Direct resource for staff, technology, and budget issues to ensure member service standards are met and exceeded.
* Act as a liaison, representing the interests of the Payments Organization in key projects, mergers, and corporate initiatives.
* Assist in establishing or revising policy, enforcing, and implementing compliance directives, and reviewing system enhancements.
* Create a best in class environment delivering clear goals, career paths and development.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor"s Degree in a related field is required. Master"s Degree in a related field is preferred.
* Minimum of twelve (12) years" experience in financial services, retail banking or related field.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with payments and Money Movement including ACH, Wires and Bill Pay required.
* Minimum of five (5) year of direct management experience of an operational team.
* Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively across teams and influence decision makers
* Demonstrated management and Leadership skills.
* Strong analytical, Decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
* Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills.
This position will supervise employees and previous management experience is required.
Licenses and Certifications
AAP (Accredited ACH Professional) certified is preferred, but not required.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call will be required.