The primary purpose of the Director, Digital Payment Transformation is to design the strategic vision, product strategy and roadmap for the digital payments transformation program inclusive of ACH, Wires, Bill Pay, Zelle, RTP, A2A other relevant digital payment platforms. The goal of the program is to bring to our members best in class digital money movement experiences, reduce operational costs, improve efficiencies, enhance member loyalty and retention, and capture incremental money in motion. This position will regularly interact with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to discuss opportunities, strategic vision, roadmaps, and risk.
* Develop the strategy and lead the program management and delivery of new payment solutions including P2P and faster payment rails looking for future proof/ innovative technologies
* Partner across the organization with Technology, User Experience, Lines of Business and Product leads, Digital Payment Operations, Fraud and Compliance to ensure new vendor solutions or newly built capabilities are designed and delivered as part a of holistic, world class transactional member experience
* Directly identify and lead the development of new digital payment third party vendor relationships including RFP processes, vendor selection, contract negotiation, overall relationship, and risk management
* Optimize member experience journeys in direct collaboration with Digital Payment Operations, Lines of Business and Product leads to move money fast in the least expensive way with best in class experience.
* Identify end-to-end opportunities that will position our client as a leader in Payments innovation and operational excellence in support of enterprise growth.
* Successfully manage, develop, and execute - highly visible, innovative, complex, critical, and strategic products/programs.
* Keep abreast of current and future trends in payments and transaction services. Analyze the competitive market to identify and priorities key strategies. Stay connected to the industry.
* Partner with Digital Payments Operations shaping future strategies, prioritizing initiatives to drive business improvement and managing strategic initiatives.
* Own and drive the payments strategy, vision, and delivery by partnering across the organization with key stakeholders
* Develop a comprehensive view of Payments risk including Fraud and Operational risk across channels to assess the impact on the Retail business and help prioritize future initiatives.
* Lead small and large engagements with Credit Risk, IT, Product, Fraud and Finance in the holistic evaluation, management, and execution of Money Movement initiatives.
* Lead infrastructure member-centered design solution roadmaps partnering with IT and other critical stakeholders.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor"s Degree in economics, engineering, finance, or related field required. Master"s Degree in Business is preferred.
* Direct experience with critical Payment platforms processes, business architecture and schemes are required.
* Minimum of twelve (12) years" in financial services, retail banking or related field.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with payments and money movement including ACH, wires and bill pay required.
* Minimum of five (5) years of program management experience with digital technologies and business with a strong consumer orientation.
* Demonstrated experience creating, developing, and launching effective money movement and payment strategies.
* Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience.
* Expertise and experience in defining and building out program strategies and roadmaps.
* Proven ability to address and persuade multiple constituencies including senior executives.
* Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
* Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills.
This position will directly supervise employees.