The position of Director of Solution Engineering is a business development and support role that will rely on your technical background and expertise in driving new technologies forward with our clients.
The Director of Solutions will be responsible for the development of our client"s solutions that meet market needs and the creation of technical solutions that meet specific customer requests. Additional responsibilities include technical RFI / RFP response creation, solution architecture and high-level technical design tasks to integrate our client and partner products into a complete processing environment for our partner"s debit processing system and other 3rd party infrastructures.
The Director of Solutions will have responsibility for the complete technical specification / design of integrated solutions for payment API libraries. Candidates must be able to provide leadership in this area and evangelize our client's technology and offerings to prospective customers.
The Director of Solutions must possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen, being able to understand the details of our client"s technology and product offerings to clearly articulate our value proposition to prospective technical customers. Serve as an acknowledged participant and contributor to the sales team representing the full capabilities of our organization to close business and meet sales objectives.
* Responsible for leading clients and internal departments as a functional unit for efficient sales, product, and client support in a non-management capacity.
* Leading the induction effort of newly hired team members through a formalized, specific new hire training process to 1) Reduce Inherent Learning Curve for a new-hire, 2) Increase short-term effectiveness and long-term productivity and 3) Introduce a set goals and metrics to track an employee"s progress through first 90 days of employment.
* Provide technical product support sales in providing product demonstrations, product introductions, educating prospective customers about our client"s product, and liaising with product managers to provide and receive feedback on product issues.
* Liaising with the sales team with regards to pricing, product roadmap, demo timings, etc.
* Responsible to support sales team with conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, follow up on all customer related issues, and support of Request for Proposal responses.
* Working closely with R&D and Product Management to be closely involved with future product direction and strategy providing valuable input from "the field'.
* Overseeing the customer proposal process and ensuring that all technical information and recommendations address customer requirements.
* Other duties will include completing all administrative tasks including the maintenance of appropriate reporting/database systems. The individual in this position is empowered to make decisions impacting sales for clients and has a high visibility and high-impact role due to their significant influence on the growth and success of our client.
Key Role Characteristics:
* Strong team player with ability to work on own initiative.
* Excellent presentation, written and verbal skills.
* Functional knowledge across the spectrum of Mobile and Online Banking technologies.
* Java (J2EE App Server), REST, and SOAP knowledge, and familiarity of mission critical IT systems (CRM, ERP).
* Working knowledge of database architectures (preferably Oracle or DB2) and SQL a plus.
* Strong technical knowledge of MS Windows, Unix, and other systems
* Excellent business writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor"s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science; Bachelor of Science, Administration, and other disciplines acceptable.
* Willingness to travel to customer and partner sites, corporate offices, and other designated locations as needed.
* 8-12 years of experience in IT related Sales or Consulting.
* Professional references will be a requirement.
* Valid U.S. Issued Driver"s License.
* Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Suite Products; specifically: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.