The position of Operations Manager is responsible for deposit systems, digital channels, and payment systems, and provides direction and guidance in developing the Bank"s operational activities/initiatives. Supervises and controls the development, implementation, and daily functions of the Bank"s Deposit Operations units.
1. Plans, organizes, and directs all activities for banking operations as they relate to deposit operations, debit card services, and core and item processing.
2. Directs all aspects related to the strategy, development, implementation, and ongoing management of the bank"s Digital Banking Channels. Leads key digital channel initiatives, identifying opportunities to expand self-service capabilities, developing, and implementing transaction migration strategies, and measuring the success and ongoing performance.
3. Develops and/or approves operations objectives, policies, and procedures. Collaborates with key stakeholders, line of business leaders, and other channel managers to drive the digital channel roadmap and ensure consistency across all channels.
4. Responsible for directing and coordinating standardization and uniformity of deposit products to include product knowledge; training and consistency of practices; customer information quality and integrity; CD/IRA/Savings/Deposit knowledge and support; and regulatory compliance of customer information and standards.
5. Ensures timely transaction processing and adherence to policies and procedures.
6. Facilitate and coordinate relationships with other departments (e.g., Retail, Treasury Management, etc.) to minimize risks in the end-to-end process. Work with departments to implement new processes and monitor operational activities.
7. Participates as needed in merger and acquisition related initiatives.
8. Identifies process improvement/efficiencies to implement and develops protocol and communication strategies to implement these changes.
9. Identify process improvement/efficiencies and assist in the implementation of these changes. Identify and comprehend the implications of the issues addressed and track those issues on the appropriate reports, educate and develop staff.
10. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of core applications and the ability to utilize these to meet business needs. Conducts testing, validation and implementation of Jack Henry and other programs/systems as necessary/required. Responds to questions, inquiries, and troubleshoots issues relative to system applications managed by the department.
11. Prepares reports of operations and participates in planning and budgeting process.
12. Provide leadership and management to assigned managers and staff and ensures quality of services provided to internal and external customers in Operations and assigned areas.
13. Design and develop reports using Business Intelligence to support the operations department in meeting operations and strategic reporting requirements. Relies on technical aptitude with an understanding of banking connectivity and requirements as well as proficiency with Jack Henry systems.
The position of Operations Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of 2 or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to EEO guidelines.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
* Bachelor"s degree in business, finance, or a related field from a 4-year college or university; or 5 or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Five years of similar work-related experience, preferably in a financial/banking operational related role. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in business, management, and supervisory skills. A demonstrated record of success in prior work positions is required.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
* Knowledge of overall bank operation procedures with technical aptitude to thoroughly understand bank operations and requirements as well as proficiency with Jack Henry (preferred) system.
* Knowledge of banking regulations is preferred.
* Knowledge in the use of a PC, calculator, and programs including Word and Excel is required.
* Intermediate math skills; calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
* Typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers, other employees, and Bank and Holding Company Management.
* Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations and to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
* Effective organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
* Current driver"s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive while performing assigned duties and responsibilities.