We are recruiting a Vice President, Risk & Compliance to join our Management team. This position is
responsible for all risk and compliance functions including: network compliance (Visa, Mastercard,
AMEX, Discover); regulatory compliance; underwriting; risk monitoring and fraud management.
Reporting to the CEO, this person will manage a team of professionals charged with delivering the
highest standard of compliance in the Payments industry while managing a low risk merchant portfolio.
This position will be located in our Scottsdale, Arizona office.
What You Will Be Doing:
* Be part of our leadership team developing our strategy and prioritizing short term and long term
Compliance needs of the company.
* Work closely with the CEO and other leaders to identify and align on priorities, set direction for the
team, build and implement a comprehensive, scalable Compliance & Risk program.
* Design, implement and train on Compliance policies, processes and technology aligned to the
Company"s growth plan and requirements of our Bank partners.
* Strategize and execute on automation strategies as well as technology partnerships which extend
our capabilities and improve efficiency
* Deliver thought leadership in the payments industry as our Compliance & Risk SME to the market
* 10+ years in a leadership role managing a team of compliance and risk professionals responsible for
a sizable merchant portfolio owned by a Bank, PSP, MSP, Payfac or ISO
* Demonstrated Payment industry expertise including: omnichannel payment acceptance, merchant
acquiring, credit card processing, Network compliance, Payment Facilitation and ISO models
* Strong understanding of merchant underwriting best practices including KYC, AML and OFAC
* Deep understanding of Payfac model and established connections with industry leaders including:
Sponsor Banks, Payment Networks, Industry forums and leading compliance experts
* Demonstrated track record of leveraging technology and data services to drive improved
underwriting scalability, onboarding efficiency, low loss ratios and write-offs.
* Experience with IT systems, security and compliance including PCI DSS and SOC II required
* Experience with FinTech related systems and procedures strongly preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the organization
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Collaborative decision-making skills
* Ability to develop, train and communicate complex compliance and risk processes and systems to
the wider organization as well as bank partners and clients
* Disciplined approach to creating standards and documentation for all internal and external
compliance and risk stakeholders
* Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in a related field of study preferred