This role is responsible for managing all credit card compliance functions. The position is responsible for working closely with the credit card brands, various service providers as well as ISO, agent, and merchant business partners. The position will also be responsible for legal and regulatory compliance as applicable with the merchant services portfolio. The position will be responsible for investigating, understanding, developing, planning, conducting, and coordinating the Banks compliance activities related to credit card processing by establishing disciplined operational, project management and measurement approaches. Prepares and presents project proposals under established standards and documentation requirements. Provides updates to internal and external staff and partners related to updates and changes to the credit card brand rules.
* Required knowledge of credit card brand rules and regulations that govern the acquiring industry to be able to manage all compliance aspects.
* Registration of ISO"s, agents, service providers, and certain merchants with the credit card brands.
* Managing certain vendor relationships related to merchant services compliance.
* Manage our ISO and merchant PCI Programs to ensure compliance and maintain records of required PCI validations.
* Assist in the management of PCI compliance, working with internal stakeholders and our compliance vendor.
* Act as the liaison to the credit card brands for compliance programs, activities, and reporting. Manage all credit card brand portals and modules as well as access management.
* Manage merchant data integrity and account data compromise events taking corrective action quickly.
* Manage all credit card brand compliance programs and alerts, including but not limited to chargebacks, fraud, BRAM/GBPP, to name a few as well as all or other compliance notifications, events, and actions.
* Work with the risk department and other departments to resolve all compliance alerts and actions timely and provide responses to the credit card brands.
* Maintain a compliance log and provide reporting to Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
* Manage all merchant application and agreement templates and ensuring all are current and suggesting enhancements and performing the annual due diligence related.
* Work with other departments on ISO and various project implementations.
* Provide education to personnel and our ISO, Agent, and merchant business partners.
* Manage and coordinate all audits related to merchant services that include internal and external audits and reviews and addresses and findings timely. Participate in annual ISO audits as appropriate.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
* Ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with federal, state and BSA regulatory requirements.
* Research and manage specific verticals related to credit card brand and regulatory rules, regulations, and changes.
* Assist and provide guidance related to credit card brand annual releases, pricing adjustments, etc. as appropriate.
* Manage and assist legal counsel with the proper handling and actioning of levies, liens, subpoenas, etc.
Background & Experience:
* Mandatory requirement of at least 3 years credit card acquiring compliance or equivalent experience.
* BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience is required.
* Strong experience in bank and credit card brand operational activities and technology.
* Strong leadership, management and team building skills.
* Understanding of acquiring bank activities and compliance with regulatory bodies as related to the banks merchant services portfolio.
* The ability to successfully communicate with C-level stakeholders in an environment with high expectations where priorities and projects are constantly dynamic.
* Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
* Experience and demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, and other software programs.
* Strong planning, organizational, and time-management skills. Must have the ability to prioritize all tasks appropriately and be detailed oriented.
* Ability to recognize and research problems effectively and efficiently. Provide accurate and timely information to those serviced. Meet challenges with innovation and creativity.
* Communicates effectively both orally and in writing; presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner.
* Interacts with business partners to address action to be taken for the prevention of financial, operational, or reputational loss and risk.
* Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of the program, technology, tools, and processes, recommending improvements as identified.
* Participates in the creation and review of all department policies and procedures.
* Keeps abreast of developments in the industry and updates appropriate parties.
* Provides periodic reporting to various levels of management regarding individual, departmental, and projects status and progress, identifying issues or potential problems. Makes recommendations and decisions regarding alternatives or solutions.