The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact of the clients with our Firm.
Primary functions are to (1) answer phones in a professional manner (2) address visitor"s
questions and needs providing an overall welcoming environment (3) perform ad hoc
administrative duties .
The Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant reports to the Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Greet clients and visitors as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate
* Offer refreshments to clients and visitors when appropriate
* Ensure back up when absent from reception desk
* Answer and address incoming calls in a timely and polite manner
* Process credit cards payments for clients, either over the phone or in person.
* Book conference rooms and make sure that once meeting is over they are in order and
ready for the next meeting.
* Responsible for communicating with our telephone service provider (HostMyCalls) when
situations arise to report and create a service ticket.
* Communicate with copier maintenance provider for support and for monthly reading
numbers on both copiers.
* Maintain and stock the coffee area in the lobby with refreshments and water, as well as
and other public areas
* Scan, photocopy, fax and file documents
* Collect and route incoming mail and hand-delivered packages
* Prepare outgoing mail for pick up or courier
* Organize mailings
* Open new case files for attorney and paralegals
* Responsible for office supply inventory, placing weekly restocking orders as well as
signing for orders received.
* Perform other work related duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct grammar,
spelling, and punctuation usage
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ability to
operate basic office equipment such as a copy machine, fax machine, printer, scanner,
and computer; proficient with internet research
* Accurate typing skills with the ability to type a minimum of 60 WPM
* Previous calendaring experience
* Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
* Excellent organizational skills with an eye for details
* Ability to be flexible to adapt and act quickly when urgent matters require it
* Ability to maintain confidentiality