26Health is looking for a self-motivated, super-organized, task-oriented individual to join our growing government affairs team. The Government Affairs (GA) Coordinator responsibilities will include working closely with our Government Affairs Director to help educate and engage our members and policymakers. The GA Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of 26Health"s grassroots engagement program. They will assist the Director in developing and managing 26Health"s government affairs and advocacy programs. The GA Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of lobbying strategies, including the drafting of statements, letters and testimonies, and coordinating activities with other industry associations where appropriate.
* Assists with the development and management of organizational strategy for strengthening relationships with elected officials and government agencies and increasing their understanding of and support for 26Health.
* Works with the Director to identify priority legislative and government relationship issues for 26Health.
* Monitors legislation and policy activities, updates and advises the Director about relevant policy proposals and actions, and works with to analyze potential impacts on the organization.
* Maintain database of contacts and detailed records of meaningful outreach connections.
* Communicates with our patient population and broader service community to inform them of relevant government issues.
* Assists with the research of government (local, county, state, federal) funding opportunities to determine goodness of fit for the organization.
* Assists with the development of advocacy programs by developing strategic campaigns, implementing and overseeing strategies for increased advocacy, and building and maintaining a strong key contact program.
* Monitor state and federal legislation for purposes of identifying, analyzing and tracking issues of concern to the 26Health and its various services
* Work with aligned industry trade associations, government officials, industry and other stakeholders in advocating the organization"s position.
* Address the needs of the Government Affairs Department. This includes but is not limited to research, material preparation and distribution, managing correspondence with government entities.
* Manage weekly, monthly and other calls or meetings. This includes scheduling, creating agendas, taking notes/minutes and sharing materials with participants.
* Assist with the production of written content for internal communications and updates for external correspondence.
* Conduct issue background research.
* Cover legislative as needed, including attending hearings and webinars.
* Manage and build master lists and event calendars.
* Assist with the planning and coordination of affiliate and stakeholder events, including logistics and meeting planning.
Association work, campaign work, state or federal lobbying, and legislative tracking experience a plus. Must be a motivated, results-oriented individual who pays attention to detail. Performs well in a team environment, but can also work effectively on their own with little supervision. Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite. Excellent project management skills required with great attention to detail, and strong work ethic. Experience with multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments under deadlines. Self-motivated and team oriented, with a positive, energetic and adaptable personality, with a go getter attitude and an interest in politics.