HSS is the largest staffing agency focused on hospitality staffing. We work every day to match people looking for work with: Hotels, Resorts, Banquet Halls, Colleges & Universities, Corporate Facilities, Event Spaces, Medical Facilities, and more.
HSS is currently recruiting for a Area Manager for a direct hire opportunity with our Client. Our client is in the Food Services industry and has 10+ key clients in the Bay Area.
PAY 120-130K plus Bonus
Car allowance and/or Car provided for travel
The Area Manager is responsible for ensuring all functions, initiatives, and priorities support the customer's overall business strategy. This position is responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of the operation(s) within the guidelines established by the client organization, as well as the corporation. He/She/They is responsible for continuous improvement, and will drive and optimize performance and contract obligations, deploying company standard processes and concepts. The Area Manager will also identify and leverage innovative initiatives and best practices with a constant focus on driving compliance.
· To build and grow the account and organization with an entrepreneurial mindset
· Be able to anticipate client needs, deliver on those needs and exceed expectations
· Identify opportunities and solve for deficiencies before they become long term issues
· Ability to adapt and pivot at a moment's notice in a fast paced and demanding environment
· Being knowledgeable on current trends within the hospitality and food industry
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
· Develop, manage agendas, and lead weekly management team meetings using provided online tools
· Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the organization to help build and speak to the culture of company
· Creating and developing relationships with local vendors, other department leads and individuals
· Managing client and customer relationships
Ideal Candidate Experience
· 4+ years of food management experience, ideally in a multi-unit role
· Bachelor's degree in Management or related field preferred
· Strong supervisory background desirable not required, along with good customer service experience
· Strong computer proficiency skills with emphasis on knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Project, Power Point)
· Excellent time management skills; able to organize and work independently; bilingual is a plus
· Experience managing a team of management and staff of 20+ employees (hourly and salaried)
· Positive attitude and dependable under pressure - an excellent role model, motivator, and leader
· Passion for food management, innovation, and creative experiences
· Successful coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams
· Proven ability to maximize budget, enhance user experience and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy
· Demonstrate good judgement and decision-making skil
Interested in additional opportunities visit us at:
Having problems applying? Please send us your resume directly to TATEAM@HSSSTAFFING.com
HSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.