Job Title: Site Supervisor
Location: US-Walker, MI
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Site or Zone Manager
Leads multiple crews on various shifts at larger logistics, distribution or manufacturing sites. Responsible for meeting customer needs and expectations. Provides guidance and related instruction to the site crew, works with management to support and communicate staffing issues or changes and oversees that site work is performed safely and effectively. Completes daily quality control inspections to ensure the work meets customer requirements and Company standards. Acts as the customers point of contact for site. Work may be performed in business off hours including evenings. May support Site Manager by participating in crew position interviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Interact with the client to provide professional and prompt customer service
- Assist manager to recruit and staff employees
- Assist manager to train, motivate, and supervise site crew members.
- Assist manager with the coordination of crew members scheduling to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained
- Perform quality control inspections and audits
- Monitor crew members task completion to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- May assist manager in documenting crew members performance when necessary (with management oversight)
- Perform nightly quality control inspections and provide corrective training
- Review and respond to emails regarding operations and customer relations
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies
- Maintain building safety and security (check door locks, verify key and badge security)
- Ensure janitor closet meets safety and cleanliness standards
- Perform required janitorial specialty work (carpet cleaning, windows, etc.)
- Document and report issues regarding safety and security, building maintenance, damaged equipment, or any other pertinent issues
- Request uniforms, employee badges, needed supplies, and other items
- Load and unload supplies; move heavy furniture and equipment
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the customer and/or the company leadership team.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- OSHA requirements for general industry
- May include OSHA standards for Forklift/Scissor lift operators
- General janitorial and maintenance operations (may include warehouse).
- Best practices in customer relations
- General business operations
- Basic Microsoft Office programs to include, but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (e.g. data entry into a tablet-based application)
- Ability to coach and train team members
- Ability to address required changes to daily requirements and use good judgement in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking with ability to multitask
- Relationship building
- Priority setting
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements
- High school diploma with some college preferred
- 3 or more years janitorial/building maintenance or related experience with minimum of 2 years prior supervisory/lead experience preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and bent prolonged periods of time, use hands to finger, handle cleaning equipment, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to stand on 6-foot ladders
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend in variety of temperatures areas (35 degrees) for prolonged periods - 8 to12 hours in a Distribution Center environment
- May work in facilities with moderate to loud noise levels and varying temperatures including refrigeration areas
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.