Kleinfelder Australia is an employee-owned, environmental and engineering consulting firm, built on a track record of proven success and long-term relationships. Our successes have been driven by a team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who have found the scope and opportunity to grow with us.
Due to our success and growth, an opportunity has arisen for experienced bush regenerators who want to develop their career into an exciting role to join our Newcastle team.
If you have the drive and desire to move your career to a company focussed on connecting great people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
In this role you will be undertaking various vegetation management and rehabilitation activities for private industry and government authorities as a member of a professional team. This role provides a varied and challenging experience across a range of ecological settings and landscapes.
This is an opportunity to actively demonstrate your experience and capability in vegetation management and also progress your professional development within a team that values its people and their careers.
Ideally you will bring:
- Qualifications or experience in Terrestrial Conservation and/or Land Management, or similar;
- Weed control experience including herbicide application, brush cutting, and manual control techniques;
- A general knowledge of vegetation communities including local native plant and weed species;
- Practical knowledge of work health and safety policies and procedures, risk management practice and principles;
- Ability to operate and maintain vehicles and field equipment;
- Physical fitness, self-motivation and ability to function in a team environment;
- A current NSW manual driver's licence;White Card (construction induction);
- 5 day availability;
- Strong attention to detail and company values;
- A strong work ethic.
You will be highly regarded if you also have:
- Senior First Aid;
- ACDC/ChemCert qualifications;
- Chainsaw qualifications;
- 2 years on-ground experience in industry including vegetation management, bush regeneration, horticulture, landscaping, arborist or relevant land management roles;
- Strong knowledge and identification of weeds and weed control methods.
You must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
You will join our Newcastle team of environmental professionals and have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects. You will enjoy the benefits that come from working for an international multidisciplinary consultancy with access to industry leaders from Kleinfelder’s Technical Network.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kleinfelder Casual Land Management Employees fall under the Gardening and Landscaping Services Award 2010.
Applicants should address the section criteria above and send, together with a CV to Tony Gilson.
Manager, Land Management Services
0404 461 019
Applications that do not address the key criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: Friday 9 November 2018
Note: You will only be contacted if your application is short listed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.