Are you an experienced Environmental professional ready to take your career to the next level? Do you want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced contaminated land management team? Do you want to help grow the business while ensuring technical excellence of deliverables?
If you have the drive and desire to work for a company focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an employee-owned environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, provides professional and technical services in the areas of land contamination, environmental planning and approvals and ecology. With 100 staff operating across six locations throughout Australia, Kleinfelder Australia continues to deliver projects supported by local and international expertise.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced, motivated and driven Principal Environmental Engineer/Scientist to join our contaminated land management team, based in Melbourne. You will have the opportunity to step into a newly created role to drive growth within the contaminated land management division within Victoria and to work closely with the team in Melbourne and counterparts in other States.
Reporting to the Victorian State Manager, you will assume a leadership position and contribute to the strategic growth of the company through new business development.
The following key responsibilities will be expected from a candidate considered for this role:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the contaminated land management group and business in general;
- Develop, review and implement a business plan focusing on market opportunities within the contaminated land management sector;
- Expand the current backlog of work within the contaminated land management group;
- Identify synergies with other parts of the business to explore and develop business opportunities with existing clients;
- Manage strategic client accounts;
- Provide Principal level technical and project direction on environmental projects, supporting a team of experienced project managers; and
- Provide development and mentoring opportunities for the contaminated land management group to expand skills and technical capabilities.
Ideally you will bring:
- a relevant degree in environmental engineering or science.
- a minimum 15 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry, preferably contaminated land management in Victoria.
- a proven track record of developing business whilst leveraging existing relationships to expand the client base.
- exceptional verbal communication, technical report writing and quality review skills.
- Industry recognition through certification, accreditation and/or active participation in related industry associations.
A leadership role with an attractive package awaits the successful candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.