Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
We have a need for an IT Technician II. This position will sit in our Hamilton, NJ location.
The IT Technician provides systems setup and technical support to employee and contract computer users on semi-routine issues. Answers questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, via audio call or from remote location. Serves as mentor to less technical users and ITS staff. Develops relationships with key personnel to analyze and improve IT systems availability and performance. Works under general supervision from Supervisor/Manager within specific guidelines and protocols.
- Handles customer questions, requests, and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedures to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Performs routine maintenance on system components. Understands system performance requirements and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Identifies measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance relative to the goals of the system. Accurately evaluates system performance and collaborates with other IT Technicians and Engineers to repair/improve performance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with assigned personnel, acts in a proactive manner to keep users knowledgeable and systems available.
- Coaches and collaborates with other ITS resources to resolve complex issues and satisfy users/customers.
- Makes good use of web tools & online industry resources, stays aware and capable of supporting technology in accordance with changing industry trends.
- Liaise with managers and facilitate regular teaching/training sessions with customers as well as their IT peers.
- Listens to symptoms and effectively notes, diagnoses, and addresses user concerns, technical problems, and complaints.
- Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
- Delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener.
- Quickly comprehends new problems and situations.
- Needs very little time to learn and master new processes or tools.
- Able to figure things out as he/she goes along.
Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Allocates time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
- Approaches work in an organized and systematic manner.
- Effectively manages tasks, information, and requests.
- Builds strong relationships with clients. Stays aware of client needs, concerns and satisfaction.
- Responds promptly to client questions and requests.
- Effectively manages client expectations.
- Is able to follow directions. Identifies problems and initiates necessary changes.
- Designs practices, processes, procedures, and systems to manage work simply, and uses resources efficiently.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. One-year certificate in information technology or related field from college or technical school desired.
Experience: 1 – 2 years related experience required. Helpdesk and PC support environment experience desired.
Certification/Registration: A+ preferred.
Other Knowledge and Skills: Advanced knowledge of inner workings of PCs and Windows 7/10/Server operating systems preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.