Your chance to join a growing global organisation in Australia!
Kleinfelder is an environmental, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex natural resource challenges.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a competent and suitably qualified Environmental Technician to work in the Bush Regeneration field in the Mackay region, with opportunities to work interstate.
In this role you will be undertaking various vegetation management and rehabilitation activities as a member of a professional team for private industry and government authorities. This role provides a varied and challenging experience across a range of ecological settings and landscapes.
This is an opportunity to actively demonstrate your experience and capability in vegetation management and also progress your professional development within a team that values its people and their careers.
Desired job criteria for this role include:
- Qualifications or experience in Terrestrial Conservation and/or Land Management, or similar;
- Weed control experience including herbicide application, brush cutting, and manual control techniques;
- A basic knowledge of vegetation communities including local native plant and weed species;
- Practical knowledge of work health and safety policies and procedures, risk management practice and principles;
- Ability to operate and maintain vehicles and field equipment;
- Physical fitness, self-motivation and ability to function in a team environment;
- A current Qld manual driver's licence;
- White Card (construction induction);
- 5-day availability;
- Ability to work away for short periods;
- Strong attention to detail and company values;
- A strong work ethic.
Applicants will be highly regarded if they have:
- Senior First Aid;
- ACDC/ChemCert qualifications;
- Chainsaw qualifications;
- 2 years or more on-ground experience in industry including vegetation management, bush regeneration, horticulture, landscaping, arborist or relevant land management roles;
- Strong knowledge and identification of weeds and weed control methods.
Successful applicants must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
Contact Jason Mark (Mackay office) on 0451 148 780 for further details in relation to the role.
Kleinfelder Casual Land Management Employees fall under the Gardening and Landscaping Award 2010.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: You will only be contacted if your application is short listed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Applications that do not address the job criteria will not be considered.