Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Hamilton NJ office has an immediate opening for a Field Construction Manager (Geologist, Engineer, or Environmental Scientist) with 8-10 years of field and management experience.
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic team of environmental professionals to develop and implement innovative technical solutions for our projects.
- field oversight of subcontractors and junior staff,
- planning field activities,
- communicating with clients and project staff,
- authoring technical reports,
- ensuring quality execution of construction bid specifications and site remediation plans, and
- evaluating site data to proactively progress projects toward regulatory closure.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 8-10 years of related experience
- Strong Health and Safety Management experience
- Strong written, verbal, leadership, and data evaluation skills
- Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance documents
- Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling
- Experience with preparing NJDEP reports.
- Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, PCBs, and metals
- Experience with Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher
- 30-hour OSHA Construction.
- TWIC Card.
- The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements
- The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on environmental projects and an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.