Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Los Angeles Area is seeking to fill a position of an Above Ground Storage Tank / Underground Storage Tank Specialist. The candidate will oversee and be directly involved in executing aboveground and underground storage tank (AST / UST) compliance for client projects. The position will be based in Kleinfelder's office in Los Angeles, CA. We are looking for someone with the ability to provide quality technical support on commercial, municipal, transportation, energy and water projects.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Perform and develop scopes for field and office tasks (technical and non-technical) and independent analysis.
- Safely conduct field exploration, sampling, inspection, analysis and technical support under supervision.
- Coordinate tasks and projects with guidance and interaction by senior operations/technical staff.
- Understanding of AST / UST fuel / petroleum storage tank components and systems (i.e., Healy, Bravo, Veeder Root, etc.).
- Ability to identify design vs. build incompatibilities.
- Knowledge of and previous preparation or review of Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure plans.
- Working knowledge of Fire Code, NFPA, APSA, STI as it applies to fuel tanks.
- Consulting / permitting / regulatory compliance experience in California, particularly with local CUPA agencies, SCAQMD, CARB, and Water Board.
- Familiarity with Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP) / California Environmental Reporting System (CERS).
- Experience with the following compliance related work also desirable: Construction and Industrial Storm Water, Air Quality / Annual Emissions Reports, and other supporting technical studies.
- Familiarity with UST closure and installation requirements.
- Oversight of tank installation, modification, removal, and operation.
- Ability to read and understand tank design drawings and to identify inconsistencies with requirements.
- Act as a Designated Operator if needed for clients, including preparation and delivery of training.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously and ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables.
- Coordination of testing (i.e., SB989) of tank systems with clients and enforcement agencies.
- Contractor oversight.
- Organizational skills to ensure proper consulting of priorities to clients.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop a working understanding of Kleinfelder’s other core service lines and support cross-selling goals.
- 7-10 years of directly related technical experience.
Certification / Registration:
- STI SP-001 Aboveground Tank System Inspector Certification
- PE desired
- EIT required (or the ability to obtain within 3 months)
- 40-hour HAZWOPER
- Must have a positive work attitude and ability to work safely and efficiently when managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently as an integral team member, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred
- The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to travel and perform field work, even under inclement weather and physically demanding conditions.
- Position will require the candidate to adhere to work assignments/schedules, be self-motivated, organized and have a keen sense of detail.
- Candidate must be willing to work in addition to a standard 40-hour work week when needed.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.