Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Salt Lake City, Utah office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally. We are seeking a Project Manager to join the environmental team. This person will manage environmental projects and be our primary point of contact with key regional clients.
Successful candidates must have experience in the environmental consulting business and relevant environmental engineering, geology, or hydrogeology experience as described below.
- Performing task and project management assignments associated with environmental assessments, hydrogeological studies, subsurface investigations and remedial designs, remediation, and monitoring projects;
- Project deliverables including the preparation of soil boring logs, well construction diagrams, potentiometric surface maps, geologic cross sections, site sample and plume maps, work plans, and reports;
- Working collaboratively with and supervising field and office staff and developing technical staff capabilities;
- Laboratory and hydrogeologic data management;
- Maintaining and growing client base through project add-on work and/or new work while maintaining effective client relations; and
- Have a track record of high level of competency in environmental consulting– including financial management, client management, business development and risk management.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in the environmental consulting business with demonstrated experience in environmental engineering, geology, or hydrogeology, environmental site assessment, subsurface investigation, and remediation projects.
This candidate will possess the following:
- BS / MS degree in engineering, geology, or hydrogeology;
- Utah PE/PG license a plus, future eligibility to achieve licensure required;
- Experience with Project Managing the “life cycle” of an environmental project including, site investigation and characterization, including drilling and environmental multi-media sampling techniques and procedures, data interpretation and evaluation, remedial alternatives evaluation and estimating, remediation design and oversight;
- Experience at petroleum sites, RCRA facilities, mining operations, and/or industrial properties;
- Experience interacting with clients, functioning on cross-disciplinary teams, supervising field staff, and managing subcontractors;
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports, proposals and cost estimates;
- Ability for meeting and exceeding deadlines while maintaining project budgets and regulatory compliance status;
- Ability to employ loss prevention and quality control systems in a Project Management role;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups; and
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.