Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Client Account Manager/Senior Project Manager to be a team member and leader in our Houston, Texas office.
This Client Account Manager (CAM) will support the local team in the development of local marketing strategy, advancing client relationships and driving growth with a select group of existing and targeted public and private sector clients in Houston and the surrounding area. The CAM will be focused on environmental services and will work with other leaders to support and expand our client accounts. This is an opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to influence the business and be a part of a collaborative and supportive team. The successful candidate will play a key role in:
- Developing, sustaining, and growing our sales with targeted clients, and
- Exceeding client expectations through exceptional client service.
The successful CAM will need to understand our clients' business and work with our technical expert teams to develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations to meet their needs along with the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and managing one or more client accounts.
- Identifying and developing project opportunities for new work and/or expanded services for new and established clients.
- Coordinating project delivery and proposal teams with clear and succinct communication as to the client requirements and differentiation strategy.
- Addressing client questions and requests, communicating with clients, following procedure to solve client problems, understanding full range of company services, maintaining pleasant and professional image.
- Conducting positive negotiations with ability to seek common ground, articulate own and other’s goals, and stay focused on positive outcome.
- Developing strategies that utilize Company’s strengths and innovative thinking to gain a competitive advantage.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Targets and achieves results, provides leadership, motivation, and mentoring to staff.
Education/ Certifications: B.S. degree in Engineering or related Technical Program required.
Experience: At least 10 years of professional consulting experience and direct client interaction in the local Houston market, knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertinent to the industry. Strong business acumen; strategic thinking; oral and written communication skills required.
Travel: Initial focus on Houston and surrounding area. Ability to visit and service clients in South Texas and the Beaumont area required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.