Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Exton Pennsylvania office is seeking a Project Level Civil Engineer to provide civil engineering design services to a growing list of clients across many markets. The candidate’s project focus will primarily be in the Oil & Gas, Power, Industrial, and Environmental Remediation business sectors.
The Project Civil Engineer is an essential role in growing Kleinfelder’s civil design services in the oil and gas, industrial, mining, and commercial markets regionally and across the country. The candidate will be expected to take on a leadership/mentorship role within the civil engineering team. Expectations include coordinating with other engineers and scientists, project managers, and clients to deliver on schedule and on budget exceptional consulting services. The candidate will be expected to train and mentor junior staff regionally. Desired leadership skills and technical experience in Civil Engineering include:
- Technical expertise in Civil Engineering design including grading/earthworks, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, permitting, constructability evaluations, and experience with design and construction of horizontal directional drill (HDD) applications,
- Prepare proposal/pricing costing RFP/SOQ submittals and support Business Development activities with targeted clients,
- Collaboration with Regional leadership and Project Managers to manage resources and project delivery,
- Progressively manage multi-disciplined projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment,
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions,
- Maintain external focus to grow client relationships and support business development,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position is an excellent opportunity for professional development with the opportunity to advance while supporting challenging / interesting business sectors and clients. Candidates are required to have 8 to 12 years of experience in Civil Engineering as follows:
- Experience demonstrating the ability to engage a team of junior and mid-level civil engineers,
- Ability to manage multiple projects and engineering staff to deliver successful projects meeting client and Kleinfelder expectations for delivery including quality, scope, schedule and budget,
- Mentoring junior and mid-level staff as direct reports,
- Periodic site visits (travel) is required throughout construction activities to address problems and develop solutions real-time.
- Candidate should develop strong client relationships through project focused meetings.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s degree preferred).
- Professional Engineer (PE) is required with ability to obtain PE in PA, NJ (other states as necessary).
Preferred skill / qualifications:
- Experience with Civil 3D/AutoCAD/earthwork computations/Stormwater modeling software is preferred.
- Experience with design and construction of horizonal directional drill (HDD) applications is preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.