Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Systems Analyst to join our Information Technology Services department. This position reports to our IT Delivery Application Services Manager and may sit in our Denver, CO or Boston, MA office.
This position will be part of a team that helps Kleinfelder improve scientific, engineering and business data processing across the many diverse Kleinfelder service lines. Successful candidates can analyze existing procedures and problems along with the requirements provided by business partners to develop solutions to automate or improve how Kleinfelder delivers information to our staff and our clients. On a regular basis, this person will trouble-shoot complex problems and develop recommendations and solutions by performing needs analyses and defining opportunities for new or improved business process solutions. Successful candidates will apply analytical quality assurance processes to the investigation, planning, design and implementation of new and improved information systems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or technical school required.
- Work with a diverse group of people across Kleinfelder’s many service lines to define, build and maintain field data collection forms based on Zerion iForm and the accompanying SSRS reports and PowerBI dashboards.
- Maintain our enterprise Laboratory Information Management software (Autoscribe Matrix Gemini). This includes coordinating with internal IT resources and with Autoscribe support/professional services to maintain the infrastructure and implement system modifications and new functionality and preparing monthly reports documenting system health, project status, and support issues.
- Provide just-in-time training as needed as well as deliver task and workflow specific workshops
- Provide advanced technical support to internal users and external customers, identify problems and/or issues, and provides resolution in a timely manner
- Working successfully in a virtual collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational skills, ownership and accountability
- Must be a team player, flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks
- Ability to work in fast-paced, customer service and support oriented environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Position Specific Skills:
- Good communication skills and knowledge of company products and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Business Applications, database design, MS Office, Visio, SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, preferred. Knowledge of SQL, Java programming architectures and application interface design preferred.
Must be a focused, high-energy individual with technical experience in systems administration, SQL Server and some exposure to software or web development. This role will work side-by-side with other systems analysts who maintain other systems and with our in-house software development team to advance Kleinfelder’s use of our many data management systems.
Relevant Experience: 6 – 7 years related experience, 3 – 4 years programming or business analyst required. 1 – 2 years project management/coordination/supervisory experience preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.