Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Primavera P6 Scheduler to join our Northeast Utilities Team to support effective execution of our long-term business development plan.
This position will be based at a Client facility in Waltham Massachusetts.
Projects will be focused on the Capital improvement and construction of Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution, Environmental Remediation, and Facilities elements.
The prime function and basic objective of this position is to prepare detailed schedules and cost loaded schedules required for Capital work being performed for construction of major company gas, transmission, facilities, environmental remediation as well as commercial buildings and yards. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Works directly with Project and/or Program Managers to support in the execution of all project controls processes and systems on large-scale delivery projects
- Responsible for creating work breakdown structure and building and maintaining cost and resource loaded schedules in Primavera P6 v7.0 or higher on assigned projects and programs in accordance with client project management processes and perform other duties assigned by management.
- Create and Maintain project delivery information in Primavera P6 establishing and reporting project forecasts across the portfolio
- Provide reporting as required by the manager and represent project controls within the project management team.
- Assess gaps and key requirements for meeting construction schedules and report to management
- Advise management of risks that may affect project costs, schedules, and client relations.
- Work with Project and Construction Manager to evaluate and report on project change requests for all projects within the portfolio.
- Meet monthly with Project Managers for project delivery dates update. Periodically running meetings with Project Managers or evaluating the schedule to ensure that project delivery changes do not impact the overall portfolio.
- Review work performed by others and perform as a subject matter expert on project and program scheduling issues.
At least 5 years documented work experience scheduling major multi-million-dollar projects. Gas & Electric Utility cost loaded scheduling experience preferred. Candidates should be fully trained in the construction scheduling software Primavera P6 Scheduling. Broad engineering experience in the gas utility industry and knowledge of best practices across the utility.
Candidate should have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Construction Management or related field from a four-year college or technical school.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.