Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking an experienced Project Manager with Resident Engineering or Structures Representative experience to join our Construction Management team and continue expanding our successful portfolio of projects in the Inland Empire.
This position provides great opportunity for growth and upward mobility. While initially the position will be a seller-doer role, the mid-term goals will be to grow the transportation business and move into an Area Manager role. Why consider a role with Kleinfelder? Not only are we well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies responsibility, accountability, and authority – the pillars of leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy work-life-balance.
Typical Project Management Duties:
- Effectively manage all phases of a project from capture planning through close-out
- Secure project resources, assist with proposals, develop contracts, maintain project records, monitor project performance and perform contract close-out
- Develop and manage scope of work, project budgets, work breakdown structures, and schedules
- Develop and implement quality management plans
- Develop project staffing plans and work effectively with project support staff to monitor and control the project to achieve financial target metrics
- Mentor and coach project team members and provide constructive feedback on performance
- Execute project to meet or exceed client expectations while meeting industry standard of care
- Manage a portfolio of projects including direct reports and subconsultants
Typical Resident Engineering/Structures Representative Duties:
- Manage/administer construction of roads/highways/bridges of transportation projects
- Assist in inspections to verify compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all phases of construction
- Provide direction to Assistant Resident Engineers and Assistant Structures Representatives and Inspectors.
- Develop/check critical roadway and bridge grades
- Review submittals, mix designs and shop drawings
- Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports required for the project
- Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications
- Monitor and track contractor progress
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required
- California Professional Engineer’s license
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive related experience; 3-4 years supervisory/management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively
- Solution oriented problem solver
- Displays a positive attitude; enthusiastic
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Night and weekend shifts may occasionally be required
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.