Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
We are excited to present a challenging opportunity for an experienced and energetic Senior Energy Project Manager to join our team and become a key part of a strong, growing team in Florida! This role can be based in our Tampa, Mt. Dora or Jacksonville office.
Click here to see more about what we are doing in the energy market.
The Energy focused Senior Project Manager is a key role in Kleinfelder’s continuously evolving and growing oil and gas, power, mining, industrial, and commercial markets regionally and across the country. In this role, the chosen candidate will engage with various clients and build relationships within the Southeast market. This position will also be responsible for the management and execution of projects in the utilities and oil and gas arenas. This position is an important component in the continuing growth of the region in oil and gas, power and energy and is an excellent opportunity for professional development with opportunity to advance in a rapid paced market.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant client interaction involving technical and project management of energy infrastructure projects.
- Business development experience supporting energy/gas/power projects within a professional services (engineering consulting) firm.
- The ability to work well in a matrixed environment, interacting with both business development and operations teams, as well as maintaining close communications with the client in order to represent the client’s needs effectively.
- Substantial experience with local land use entitlements and State and federal regulatory permitting regimes.
The Senior Project Manager will focus on delivering high quality technical work product and advancing the relationship with targeted clients having operations in Florida. The ideal candidate will thoroughly understand the client’s business, and develop innovative solutions and sound recommendations to meet the client’s needs while delivering projects on schedule and under budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or environmental discipline - Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct client interaction experience managing work for and interacting with Investor-Owned Utilities and/or LDC’s, Oil & Gas and Energy Clients including a proven track record of delivering environmental, engineering and construction solutions within the state of Florida.
- Professional licensure (Professional Engineer, CWS, CWB, PG, PMP or equivalent).
- Ability to travel for business up to 50% to meet with clients, attend team meetings and represent Kleinfelder at various events.
- Developing business acumen, strategic thinking, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to “connect the dots” with our client’s needs.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules).
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.